ECMWF ERA-15 Re-analysis Data Agreement
European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) ERA-15 Re-analysis data supplied
through NERC Data Centres to bona fide research programmes.
Conditions of Use
In addition to the general UK Meteorological Office conditions of use, the following conditions have also been specified by ECMWF. If there is any apparent conflict in the conditions then the more restrictive condition will apply. For example, the condition in para 3 below, in which commercial use of the data and software is forbidden, overrides the corresponding conditions set out on the UKMO conditions of use.
- The supplied data and software will not be supplied in whole or in part to any third party without the authorisation of ECMWF.
- The proprietary rights and copyright of the software remain with ECMWF. The software supplied is intended solely for use with ECMWF data and must not be used for any other purpose.
- Data and software will not be used for commercial purposes.
- Articles, papers, or written scientific works of any form, based in whole or in part on data supplied by ECMWF, will contain an acknowledgement concerning the supplied data. The data may be cited as follows: "ECMWF 1996. The Description of the ECMWF Re-analysis Global Atmospheric Data Archive". ECMWF should be provided with one copy of any such written scientific work.
- Although every care has been taken in preparing and testing the data and software, ECMWF cannot guarantee that the data are correct in all circumstances, or that the software will work correctly in all circumstances; neither does ECMWF accept any liability whatsoever for any error or omission in the data or software, or for any loss or damage arising from its use.
- Access to the data is restricted to the named scientist on this form. The terms and conditions of usage specified in the relevant section of the UKMO conditions-of-use, will be agreed to.